Health and Safety
Mercia Architectural Limited is always health and safety conscious as it is a fundamental consideration for every employee in the company. Health and safety is part of everyday life whether you’re working in the office, in the factory or out on site.
Our health and safety policy states both the professional and legal requirements for every individual within the company. We understand how important it is to ensure that every staff member familiarises themselves with the rules and regulations of the company, to ensure this has been achieved a health and safety booklet is given to each member of staff after a discussion on health and safety, on their start date of work. The booklet will need to be signed but the following will need to be checked before the employee can the sign the documents;
- That they have fully understood the contents of the documents
- Ensure they understand that they need to look out for their own safety first before putting themselves at risk
- Ensure that they fully understand what is required of them as a member of staff.
Health and Safety on site is also a major factor within our company. When going on site we go through rigorous planning to ensure that the project will be safe to conduct. A health and safety pack is produced for every project that involves being on site, the health and safety pack includes the following;
- Risk assessment and method statement register
- Method statements/risk assessments
- Transport offload assessment
- Training records
Before the health and safety pack can go to site the register has to be filled in by whoever will be attending the project site on that date.